Tuesday, July 25, 2017

In a fit of Pique; Second Verse

I called the insurance company back to check the status of my complaint.  No record was found of Thursday's call.  So I put in a request to have a supervisor call me back. 

My scans are still not all approved. The soft tissue of the neck, code 70491, is the hold up this time.  it is generally a crap shoot as to which scan will be the problem child.  Sometimes it is the upper extremity, where the cancer originated, sometimes the neck, (because we all know there are no lymph nodes in the neck.) 

Dr. Pok still needs to find time to do another Peer-to-Peer review.  He just needs to record his discussion and play it back for the reviewers every 6 months.  

My plan does not include the rider for a case manager.  This time when I spoke with the customer service person, they were very understanding and, seemingly, helpful.  We'll see what the next supervisor says.  I need to keep a notebook on all of these conversations so I can remember who said what.  

There will be more to come I am sure so stay tuned.  



No comments:

Post a Comment